Where To Find Septic Tank Inspection Reports In Oregon Or Washington? (Best solution)

  • Septic system records are found by the Parcel Number of the property. This number is the township, range, section, quarter section and tax lot that is best found by calling your local county assessor’s office or visiting its website.

Are septic tank locations public record?

Contact your local health department for public records. These permits should come with a diagram of the location where the septic system is buried. Depending on the age of your septic system, you may be able to find information regarding the location of your septic system by making a public records request.

How much does it cost to replace a septic system in Washington State?

The cost to install a new residential septic system widely varies, depending on the type and size of system required. Typically, construction costs are between $8,000 and $15,000 but can be more or less depending on the details of the project.

How much does it cost to replace a septic tank in Oregon?

Septic tanks cost between $3,154 and $10,368, or $6,742 on average. A typical 1,000-gallon tank installation for a 3-bedroom home ranges from $2,100 to $5,000. Materials cost between $600 and $2,500 without labor. A complete septic system, including a leach field, tank and piping costs $10,000 to $25,000.

What should I look for when inspecting a septic system?

There are three things a septic system inspector will check during an inspection including the integrity of the septic tank, the proper function of the distribution box, and a leach field that is working as intended. If all three of these components are working correctly you will have passed the septic inspection.

How do I find out where my septic tank is located?

Follow the Main Sewer Line Look for a pipe that’s roughly four inches in diameter that leads away from your house. Remember the location of the sewer pipe and where the pipe leaves your home so you can find it outside. The sewer pipes will lead to where your septic tank is located.

How do I find out if my septic tank is registered?

Check if your septic tank is already registered You can check if your tank has already been registered by contacting your environmental regulator. If you are unsure then it is best to check and avoid making an unnecessary payment. The NIEA and SEPA have records of all registered septic tanks.

How long should a septic system last?

Septic System Basics Because it is expensive to replace a septic system, proper maintenance is important. The more proactive you are in maintaining your system, the longer it will last. In fact, septic tanks can last as long as 30 years or more.

What are the 3 types of septic systems?

Types of Septic Systems

  • Septic Tank.
  • Conventional System.
  • Chamber System.
  • Drip Distribution System.
  • Aerobic Treatment Unit.
  • Mound Systems.
  • Recirculating Sand Filter System.
  • Evapotranspiration System.

Can you have a septic tank without a leach field?

The waste from most septic tanks flows to a soakaway system or a drainage field. If your septic tank doesn’t have a drainage field or soakaway system, the waste water will instead flow through a sealed pipe and empty straight into a ditch or a local water course.

How do you rejuvenate a leach field?

Professionals take a high pressure water spray to clean and unclog your sewer lines, drains, and the leach field. Once the pipes are free from sludge and other debris causing the clogs, the septic system will be able to rejuvenate itself once again.

How long does it take to replace a leach field?

Installation can take up to three weeks from start to finish. The completion time will depend on a wide range of factors, including your property, soil, and size of the septic tank.

How much does it cost to put in a well and septic system in Oregon?

Most homeowners spend between $3,280 and $5,040 for a 1,250-gallon system that supports 3 or 4 bedrooms. Septic system installation with two alternating pumps costs $9,571 on average and can go up to $15,000.

How far is D box from septic tank?

The D-box is normally not very deep, often between 6″ and two feet to the top of the box. You may also see a pattern of parallel depressions, typically about 5 feet apart, that mark the individual drainfield leach lines. The D-box will at or near end of the drainfield area that is closest to the septic tank.

How do you test a septic drain field?

Walk over the drain field and make a note of any place you detect sewer odors or feel squishy ground. Both are signs of a leak and reasons to call a septic pro. You should see one or more pipes sticking vertically out of the ground; these are risers that were installed so you can check the drain system.

What are signs of septic tank problems?

7 Warning Signs Your Septic System Is Failing

  • Gurgling Pipes. They would occur when you run water in the house (e.g. when using the sink or shower) or flush the toilet.
  • Bad Odours. It’s never a pleasant experience when this occurs.
  • Water At Ground Level.
  • Green Grass.
  • Slow Drainage.
  • Blocked Pipes.

Department of Environmental Quality : Digitization of Onsite Septic System Records : Residential Resources : State of Oregon

The Department of Environmental Quality is digitizing onsite septic data for the nine counties in which it administers onsite septic system programs so that they can be made available to the public online and without charge in the near future.

To Obtain Records

As of November 15, 2020, the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) maintains septic data for five counties: Baker, Coos, Jackson, Union, and Wallowa. For other counties, please contact your local agent listed on ourcontactspage. The Parcel Number of the property is used to locate the septic system information for that property. This number corresponds to the township, range, section, quarter section, and tax lot, and it may be obtained by contacting your local county assessor’s office or visiting its web page.

On the ORMap website, you may also get information on tax lots.

To see the results, click on “Search” (located at the bottom right).

Then select “View/Download” from the drop-down menu.

Department of Environmental Quality : About Septic Systems : Residential Resources : State of Oregon

In areas where houses and businesses are not linked to a municipal sewage system, a septic system is the most popular type of sewage treatment for those areas. When simplified to its most basic form, a septic system is comprised of two parts: a septic tank in which solids settle and decay and a drainfield in which liquid drained from the tank is treated by bacteria in the soil. Septic systems that are more sophisticated are constructed in places with high groundwater levels and/or poor soils.

Septic systems that are properly operating treat sewage in order to reduce groundwater and surface water contamination.

Learn more about how septic systems function by reading this article.

Before you buy

If the land is undeveloped, inquire as to whether the property has been examined for appropriateness for septic systems by either the Department of Environmental Quality or a local government contract agent, and if so, request a copy of the site evaluation report.

The following are the questions you should ask:Has the site changed since it was last evaluated?

  • Well construction, fill, roads, and other modifications can all have an impact on appropriateness. Is the land suitable for your development needs, taking into account the kind of system stated as acceptable on the report and the placement of the septic system that has been approved?

If the property has not yet been examined, you may choose to request that the present owner arrange for an evaluation to be done. Application for a site review can be made through either the Department of Environmental Quality or a local government contract agent. Before deciding to acquire the land, you must determine what sort of septic system will be necessary, as well as whether or not the permitted system site will fit your development requirements. Existing sewage treatment systems- If you are considering acquiring a home with an existing septic system, you should engage a trained inspector to assess the system before making the purchase.

  • Is it true that the system was implemented without a permit? If not, it is possible that the system is very old (permits have been necessary since 1972, and in certain counties even earlier), or that it was unlawfully built. Systems that have been illegally developed may pose a threat to public health or produce pollution. In the future, you may be forced to upgrade or replace the system, and you may be held accountable and penalized if the system malfunctions or poses a concern to public health and safety. If your family or business has a large number of members, is the system the correct size to meet their needs? Permit documents often include information on the system’s capacity in gallons per day. Typical household water use is 450 gallons per day for a four-bedroom home. How old is the system, and has it been adequately maintained over its lifetime? Is there documentation demonstrating that the septic tank was pumped on a regular basis? Have there been any difficulties or complaints that have been brought to your attention in the past? It is possible that your local permitting agency has records of complaints or infractions that have not been addressed yet. Before you moved here, how many people lived in the house? Perhaps the approach works well with a single person but not so well with four individuals. Is the septic tank connected to all of the plumbing fittings
  • And Is there evidence of a septic system failure, such as puddles over the septic tank or flooded drainfields? If the property is adjacent to surface waters, check to see that there are no direct discharges from the property. When it comes to septic system replacement, is there a suitable location if the existing system fails? Septic permit documents, if any, indicate the replacement area that should still be ‘laid aside’ for that reason
  • Who is a qualified inspector? Some septic installers and pumpers have been trained in inspecting existing systems, while some only install new septic systems or pump tanks, respectively. Certified maintenance providers may be a qualified inspector, too. The key is to ask what their qualifications are in septic system evaluations (not just the septic tank), and ask for some references. Check on those references before you hire a contractor

Signs of septic system failure

  • Pools of water or wet places, unpleasant aromas, and/or dark gray or black soils in the vicinity of your drainfield are all signs that something is wrong. Water from the sewer overflows into the lowest drains in the home. The sound of drains gurgling and poor draining (first check for obstructions)
  • Soapy flows onto the ground surface, into ditches, or into surface waterways It is impossible to mow over the drainfield because the earth is too soft.

Installing a new system

In order to have a new septic system installed, a two-step procedure must be followed. 1. Submit an application for a site review. The tests pits you give on your property will be evaluated by a DEQ or county agent, who will decide the size and kind of septic system that will be required, as well as the placement. 2. Submit an application for a building permit. For application forms, contact your local DEQ office or county agent, or you can obtain DEQ application forms from this website. There is a cost for both the site appraisal and the issuance of the building permit.

Maintaining septic systems

By having your septic tank tested for solids accumulation on a regular basis, you may prevent having to pay for expensive repairs. When the solids buildup in your septic tank exceeds 40%, you should have it pumped by a pumper who is licensed by the DEQ. For advice on how often to get your septic tank examined, contact the Department of Environmental Quality. Maintaining the condition of your septic tank on a regular basis (every 5 to 7 years) and checking for solids accumulation will save you money on costly repairs.

If you follow the basic septic system DO’s and DON’Ts, a properly designed and maintained system may survive for a very long period.

Onsite Sewage

Households that are not served by public sewer are required to get a septic system permit from Washington County Environmental Health. For the most part, these families rely on septic systems to process and dispose of their wastewater. It is composed of three major components: the septic tank, drainfield, and soil (or groundwater). A septic tank is a tank that separates solids from wastewater and then stores and decomposes the solid stuff that was separated. In the event of a backup in the septic tank, the liquid released from the tank seeps into the drainfield.

The soil also has an impact on the sort of septic system that is appropriate for a certain site. Inadequately operating septic systems are hazardous to human health; correctly functioning septic systems treat sewage in order to prevent ground and surface water contamination.

Fees, Forms and Applications

NEW! Washington County has established the Washington County Public Permitting and Services Portal, an online system that will allow the public to engage with County services more easily and efficiently. If you need to file a septic application, go to the Public Permitting and Services Portal. Users who are registering for the first time will be required to complete the one-time account registration process. Watch the How-to-Register video to learn more. Once you’ve made an account, you’ll be able to apply for septic permits, follow their status, search for permits, schedule inspections, and check the results.

  • Alternative Treatment Technologies for Septic Systems
  • Septic System DO’s and DON’Ts
  • Septic System DO’s and DON’Ts Septic Systems – How They Work
  • Septic System Owners
  • Septic System Buyers
  • Septic Systems – What They Are
  • Completely new systems are installed for new construction. In the case of an established system that is failing, repair services are provided. Alteration is the process of making modifications to an existing system.
See also:  What Can Clogs Septic Tank? (Correct answer)

Authorization for the addition of bedrooms, the replacement of the house or building, and medical difficulties Reconsideration of the file- any extra constructions or modifications to existing structures on the property that are not additional bedrooms or structures that would cause health hardship. Existing System Evaluation- An environmental health professional assesses the condition of an existing septic system.

Onsite Sewage Permits

The Environmental Health Department is responsible for processing permit applications for properties situated within Washington County. It is necessary to get permits for the construction of new on-site sewage disposal systems, as well as for the repair or adjustment of existing systems (including septic tanks and drainfields). Each of the three types of permits falls under one of these categories:

  • Alteration Permits are necessary for the extension or relocation of an existing onsite septic system, or any element or component of the system, and are available from the local building department. Replacement or relocation of a septic tank or other components of the system, with the exception of the drainfield, is considered a Minor Alteration. New Construction Permits are required for the installation of a new on-site wastewater treatment system to serve a new residence or commercial facility. A Major Alteration is defined as the expansion or relocation of the drainfield, or any part of the drainfield
  • New Construction Permits are required for the relocation or expansion of the drainfield. The Site Evaluation Report contains information on the system needs as well as the authorized site for the new system. In the report, it will be defined if the new system will be comprised of a sand filter, a recirculating gravel filter (RGF), alternative treatment technology (ATT), capping fill, a standard system, or another sort of system. The installation of all or sections of a septic system is required in order to address a public health hazard or contamination of public waterways caused by a failing septic system. Repair Permits are required for the installation of all or portions of a septic system. Replacement of a septic tank and/or other components of the septic system other than a sand filter, an RGF, an alternative treatment technology (ATT), or the drainfield is considered a Minor Repair. A Major Repair is defined as the replacement of a sand filter, RGF, ATT, and/or the drainfield.

Forms and Applications

NEW! Washington County has established the Washington County Public Permitting and Services Portal, an online system that will allow the public to engage with County services more easily and efficiently. If you need to file a septic application, go to the Public Permitting and Services Portal. Users who are registering for the first time will be required to complete the one-time account registration process. Watch the How-to-Register video to learn more. Once you’ve made an account, you’ll be able to apply for septic permits, follow their status, search for permits, schedule inspections, and check the results.

  • The application, the authorization of a representative, the Land Use and Compatibility Statement (LUCS), the new construction procedure and criteria, or the modification procedure and criteria are all required. System Plan Requirements (for all systems)
  • System Design Requirements The following documents are included: a sample plot plan
  • A system design
  • Tables (minimum separation distances and quantities of sewage flows)
  • A new construction permit packet
  • An alteration permit packet
  • And a sample plot plan.
  • System Plan Requirements (for all systems)
  • Repair Procedure and Criteria
  • Application
  • Authorization of Representative
  • System Plan Requirements
  • The following documents are included: a sample plot plan, a system design, tables (minimum separation distances and quantities of sewage flows), and a repair permit packet.

Septic Services

Make an appointment with your Drain Tech immediately to ensure that your septic system continues to operate smoothly. For over two decades, River City’s dedication to service and quality has established us as a pioneer in the Pacific Northwest’s septic services industry. We can help you with anything from maintenance to finding to pumping to installation. We are a family-owned business dedicated to partnering with you to deliver high-quality goods and services that are suited to your individual requirements.

This is a great honor for us to be a member of the Regional Preferred Pumper Program!

Submitted by: youtube” data-block-type=”32″> River City Environmental’s emergency response staff is prepared to handle any septic tank, sewer line, or clogged drain situation that may arise.


The following services are provided by our knowledgeable and expert staff:

  • Septic tank reversals
  • Tank and drain field repairs
  • Commercial and residential inspections
  • Locating
  • New tank installation
  • Pumping
  • Septic system maintenance
  • Crawl space that is flooded System utilizing a sand filter or sand mound
  • Gravity systems
  • Pump to gravity systems
  • Gravity systems with pumps
  • Products for treating septic tanks
  • Installation of a filter
  • Finding and repairing drain fields and “D” boxes, as well as drain field cleaning and jetting. Cesspools and holding tanks are examples of this. Inspection using a camera and video
  • Connection to the sewer system and decommissioning


Do you require an inspection report for an Onsite Sewage System (OSS)? We can assist you! Because one in every four houses is equipped with a septic system, it pays to be cautious. Whether you’re selling or purchasing a property, it’s always a good idea to have the septic system inspected to make sure it’s in perfect operating order. We provide video services for line inspections and pipe finding, and we can work with you or with your real estate agent to complete your project.


Riser systems for septic tanks are installed by us to provide for simple access to and control of your system.


We propose time dosing for sand filters and drain fields in order to achieve appropriate filtration and aeration.


Are you thinking about buying or selling a home? A video inspection and recording of your septic or sewer system is usually a smart idea so that you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. River City Environmental offers the tools, experience, and knowledge to thoroughly check every nook and cranny of your home or business.


Our specifically blended septic tank formula, which is meant to improve and maintain septic tank and cesspool performance, is recommended for optimal system performance. This formula is available at your local home improvement store. A single package includes enough medication to last a year.


The average size of a household septic tank is 1,000 gallons in capacity. tanks are reported to range in size from 500 gallons to more than 1500 gallons in capacity. We can service any size tank, no matter how large or tiny it may be.


Tanks must be kept in good condition in order to perform at their peak. They must be inspected every 1-3 years, depending on where you live and what region you live in. Tanks should be serviced every 3-5 years, on average, according to our recommendations. If you use certain types of soap, you will need to service your machine more regularly (liquid soaps are harder on septic systems than powder). In addition, any medical issues that you may have as well as the sorts of paper products that are discharged via your system will have an influence on the frequency of servicing.

Do I Need To Have My Septic System Pumped Before I Sell My Home?

Following a thorough cleaning of your home’s floors and walls, as well as improvements to its outside, you might conclude that this is all it needs to prepare your house for sale. However, this is not the case. On the contrary, there is something more you should take into consideration: septic pumping services. Local homeowners frequently contact All SepticSewer with concerns about whether or not they should pump out their septic system before selling their house.

The answer is straightforward: yes. As a matter of fact, present homeowners aren’t given much of a choice in this subject. Septic pumping and an OM inspection are necessary before a home may be sold in the Washington counties that we serve, which include King, Thurston, and Pierce.

Understanding The Septic PumpingInspection Process Before Selling A Home

The expectations for selling a property with a septic system vary from county to county in Washington, but the general guidelines remain the same. A licensed septic pumping and inspection firm, such as All SepticSewer, is required to guarantee that your system is running properly. In most cases, septic systems only need to be flushed once every three to five years. Even in the face of this, however, county law requires that the system be cleansed out prior to the sale of a home. The fact is, many buyers anticipate that the septic pumping and inspection will take place during their own house inspection, which is why it is crucial to understand this.

If your technician begins the septic inspection process, you may expect him or her to do a range of duties, including the following:

  • Taking a look at the tank’s external appearance Opening the tank to get a better look at the inside of the unit
  • Examining the flow of the drain field
  • The general integrity and performance of the system’s pumps and baffles are being checked, as well.

As a consequence of the final results of the assessment, prospective purchasers may seek additional repairs or replacements as a condition of their purchase agreement.

Preparing For Your Septic Pumping Appointment

When you’re ready to begin the septic pumping procedure, you’ll want to make contact with a reliable business that can assist you in completing the task correctly. In order to determine the condition of your system, they will ask you several questions, such as the size of the tank, the number of people living in your home, and how long it has been since the unit was pumped. You will receive a detailed pricing quotation based on the information you provide. Immediately following the receipt of a quotation, you will be supplied with an anticipated arrival time for the day of your planned appointment.

This allows your septic business to save you both time and money on labor costs.

Depending on the size of your tank, the actual pumping operation might take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to complete.

Filing Inspection Reports With Your County Health Department

After your septic system has been examined and pumped, your technician will submit the required ‘Report of System Status’ to your local health agency for review and consideration. Your system’s general status, any completed repairs, and certification that septic pumping has taken place will all be included in this report. Not only is the filing of this paperwork needed by the county, but it is also required before the home may be put on the market.

For More Information On Septic Pumping Before Selling A Home—Call Us Today

It’s understandable that the last thing you want to deal with while you’re preparing to sell your house is having your septic system drained. Unfortunately, though, this is standard operating procedure. If you’re seeking for ways to streamline the procedure, you might want to think about employing a reputable business to complete the work properly. The solution is provided by All SepticSewer. Your septic pumping experience will be made simple by our highly-trained crew, which possesses the knowledge and expertise necessary to make it so.

If you’d like to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, please contact us at (888) 541-6680 or complete our online form. In addition, you should like and follow us on Facebook for more useful information on prepping your septic system before selling your house.


It is necessary to take these factors into consideration prior to issuing the VA Notice of Value.IMPORTANT:

  1. Each state is listed alphabetically, followed by the name of the VA Regional Loan Center (RLC) that has jurisdiction over it. The local criteria of a VA Regional Loan Center apply exclusively to properties located inside the specific state under the jurisdiction of that RLC. The VA Lender’s Handbook is the most comprehensive source of information on VA standards around the country. Wood-destroying insect information is needed by Section 13.06 of the Lender’s Handbook unless otherwise specified
  2. Unless otherwise noted, wood-destroying insect information is required by Section 13.06 of the Lender’s Handbook. An inspection is always required regardless of where the property is located if the appraisal report indicates evidence of wood-destroying insect damage or an active insect infestation
  3. VA offices may instruct fee appraisers to include other local requirements as conditions on appraisal reports when applicable. If you have an issue regarding the condition of an appraisal report, you should contact the fee appraiser or the VA office.
See also:  Septic Tank Why Is My Toilet Gurgling When I Flush It? (Question)

The ALABAMA-St. Petersburg Regional Loan Center is located in St. Petersburg, Alabama. A licensed installer must complete the installation of any new or planned prefabricated house. The ALASKA-Denver Regional Loan Center is located in Denver, Colorado.

  1. Every Alaska property with an individual water sewage disposal system requires verification from the local Health Authority (or another authority allowed by VA) that the septic system is appropriate prior to transferring ownership interest. Every “Energy Rated Home” with a value adjustment for a “Five Star” or “Five Star+” rating must have the following language in the VA notice of value: “Lender to show verification of Five Star or Five Star+ energy rating.” It is not permissible to use property located in an avalanche zone that is either Red or Blue in color as collateral for a VA-guaranteed loan. Generally, information on wood-destroying insects is not necessary
  2. Nevertheless,

The Arizona-Phoenix Regional Loan Center is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The aggregate value of the optional items selected by a veteran purchaser for properties included on a master appraisal cannot exceed 15 percent of the reasonable value ascribed to the basic plan type for the property (exclusive of any lot premium). The ARKANSAS-Houston Regional Loan Center is located in Houston, Arkansas. For all properties in the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana, information on wood-destroying insects must be provided by the owner.

The aggregate value of the optional items selected by a veteran purchaser for properties included on a master appraisal cannot exceed 15 percent of the reasonable value ascribed to the basic plan type for the property (exclusive of any lot premium).

For Colorado homes to be protected by a ten-year insured protection plan, the warranty must also include coverage for the basement slab for the first through fourth years of the plan’s duration.

The Connecticut-Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in Cleveland, Connecticut.

14-67, Section 1(b), the owner of any residential real property that benefits from an easement or right-of-way, the purpose of which is to provide access to such residential real property, shall be responsible for the cost of maintaining such easement or right-of-way in good repair and the cost of repainting such easement or right-of-way.

The Delaware-Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in Cleveland, Delaware.


Petersburg, Florida.

  1. It is not necessary to have a heating system in the following counties in south Florida: Broward
  2. Charlotte
  3. Collier
  4. Dade
  5. Glades
  6. Hendry
  7. Lee
  8. Martin
  9. Monroe
  10. Palm Beach
  11. And St. Lucie
  12. The installation of new and/or planned prefabricated homes must be carried out by a licensed installer.

The GEORGIA-Atlanta Regional Loan Center is located in Atlanta. Regional Office for the State of Hawaii in Honolulu Wood Destroying Insects – Due to the high likelihood of termite infestation in the area, Wood Destroying Insect Inspections are needed on all existing residential structures, including condominium constructions that are five storeys or fewer in height. According to the State of Hawaii, all Wood Destroying Insect Inspections must be documented on a State Prescribed PC-9 Form, which is valid for 15 days after the inspection.

This 90-day validity period applies solely to the closure of a loan for VA lending purposes; it does not extend the promise that the property is free of wood-destroying insects to a period of 90 days as previously stated.

Estates subject to a lease – A copy of the lease must be included with the assessment request.

This means that the entire Lease Term must be greater than the total Mortgage Term by 14 years, and the total Mortgage Term must not be greater than the whole Fixed Rent Period of the Lease.

The Circular may be obtained at the following address: Cesspools – If the following requirements are satisfied, existing cesspools may be acceptable for VA lending purposes:

  1. It is the lender’s responsibility to ensure that the cesspool was properly allowed when it was placed by contacting the State of Hawaii Department of Health, Wastewater Branch. The Cesspool Registration Card is kept on file by the Wastewater Branch, and a copy can be obtained upon request. Keeping this Card in the loan file of the lender is mandatory.
  1. Whenever any of the following conditions exist, the cesspool must be tested/recertified:
  1. A failure of the system has resulted in an enforcement action being taken
  2. During an investigation of the subject property, the appraiser observes apparent symptoms of failure of the cesspool. Construction of major structural modifications (additions to the residence, not renovating) that increase either the living space or the number of fixtures that discharge waste water into the cesspool has occurred. The cesspool is located under the surface of the groundwater table.
  1. The lender is responsible for ordering cesspool testing by an expert approved to the Department of Health if one or more of the requirements stated under Item2 are met.
  1. The NOV must be put in Block 5 in the event that the cesspool is required to be tested. ACCEPTABILITY OF WATER AND SEWAGE SYSTEMS: Documentation from the regional public health authority or another source recognized by VA stating that the individual water supply and/or X sewage disposal system(s) is/are appropriate

In terms of VA Lending, homes located within Lava Zones 1 and 2 are acceptable to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). All properties located inside Lava Zone 1 and Lava Zone 2 are required to have a Lava Insurance Policy in place, with coverage equal to or more than the value of the loan. IDAHO-Denver Regional Loan Center (IDAHO-Denver Regional Loan Center)

  1. All community water systems in Idaho must be currently approved by both the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality and the local health authority
  2. Every Idaho property in the Spokane/Rathdrum Prairie Single Source Aquifer (basically Kootenai County) with an individual sewage disposal system must provide evidence to the local health authority that the system is acceptable
  3. And every Idaho property in the Spokane/Rathdrum Prairie Single Source Aquifer (basically Kootenai County) with an individual sewage disposal system must provide

Loan Center for the State of Illinois-St. Paul The INDIANA-Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in Cleveland. Loan Center for the State of Iowa and the City of St. Paul Regional Loan Center in Kansas City, Missouri-St. Paul, Minnesota The KENTUCKY-Roanoke Regional Loan Center is located in Roanoke, Kentucky. LOUISIANA-Houston Regional Loan Center is located in Houston, Louisiana. For all properties in the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana, information on wood-destroying insects must be provided by the owner.

Regional Loan Center for the State of Maryland and the City of Roanoke The Cleveland Regional Loan Center in Massachusetts is located in Cleveland.

After January 13, 2020, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will no longer require VA to enter into shared maintenance agreements for shared private roads or driveways.

Loan Center for the State of Michigan and the City of Cleveland

  1. Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Hillsdale, Ionia, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kent, Lenawee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Muskegon, Oakland, Oceana, St. Clair, St Joseph, VanBuren, and Wayne counties are required to provide wood-destroying insect information for all properties in these counties: Allegan, Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Hillsdale, Ionia, Jackson, It is necessary to submit a copy of the builder’s license for any Michigan properties that are appraised as planned, under construction, or new construction. Site condos in the state of Michigan will be handled in the same manner as a single family detached dwelling. Participants in the program are not required to receive a VA condominium identification number or to submit condominium association documentation to the VA for evaluation for these properties. However, the property should still be described as a condominium in item 3A of the appraisal request form 1805, and the appraisal report should still be submitted on a completely filled condominium report form, such as Fannie Mae form 1073, notwithstanding the above information. SARs and VA Staff Appraisers must properly designate the property as a “Site Condominium” project on item16 of the Notice of Value (NOV) when issuing the Notice of Value (NOV)
  2. And

Minnesota-St. Paul Regional Loan Center is located in St. Paul, Minnesota. In most cases, information on wood-destroying insects is not necessary. MISSISSIPPI-St. Petersburg Regional Loan Center is located in St. Petersburg, Mississippi. A licensed installer must complete the installation of any new or planned prefabricated house. The MISSOURI-St. Paul Regional Loan Center is located in St. Paul, Missouri. The MONTANA-DENVER Regional Loan Center is located in Denver, Colorado. In most cases, information on wood-destroying insects is not necessary.

Paul Regional Loan Center is located in Omaha, Nebraska.

  1. All Nebraska properties are obliged to have information on wood-destroying insects. Properties in the Eastern Omaha, Nebraska region that have been designated by the fee appraiser and include a remark section outlining environmental conditions of the URAR are included in this notice of value, which states: “It is possible that the Home is located in a Superfund site. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the United States will/has evaluated this site for the presence of lead soil pollution. For further information, contact the Environmental Protection Agency at (800) 223-0425. “The sale of the property must be contingent on writing veteran recognition that the property may be contaminated with lead, as assessed by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Phoenix Regional Loan Center is located in the state of Nevada. The aggregate value of the optional items selected by a veteran purchaser for properties included on a master appraisal cannot exceed 15 percent of the reasonable value ascribed to the basic plan type for the property (exclusive of any lot premium). A NEW HAMPSHIRECleveland Regional Loan Center has opened its doors. According to New Hampshire Law, Section 231:81-a (I, II, III)) When more than one residential owner enjoys a common benefit from a private road, each residential owner shall contribute equitably to the reasonable cost of maintaining the private road.

Any roadway as defined in RSA 229:5 is exempt from the provisions of this paragraph.

Only the counties of Cheshire, Sullivan, Merrimack, Rockingham, Belknap, Hillsborough, and Strafford in southern New Hampshire are required to provide information on wood-destroying insects. The New Jersey-Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in Cleveland.

  1. All properties appraised as planned, under construction, or new construction must be accompanied by an authorized Home Owners Warranty coverage, which is available via the New Jersey home insurance program. To be considered acceptable, every New Jersey property with an individual sewage disposal system must provide documentation to VA of compliance with local health authority (or other source permitted by VA) standards. All condominium developments in the state of New Jersey must be registered with the state’s Real Estate Development Department, which will assign a case number to the project and provide a formal notice of project approval

New Mexico-Phoenix Regional Loan Center is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in New York City. For all properties in the following New York counties: Bronx, Broome, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess (Greene), Kings, Nassau (New York), Orange (Putnam), Queens (Richmond), Rockland (Suffolk), Ulster (Sullivan), Ulster (Sullivan), Westchester (Sullivan), and Westchester (Sullivan). North Carolina’s Atlanta Regional Loan Center is located in Atlanta. The North Dakota-St.

Paul, Minnesota.

OHIO-Cleveland Regional Loan Center (OHIO-Cleveland Regional Loan Center) OKLAHOMA-Houston Regional Loan Center is located in Houston, Oklahoma.

The OREGON-Denver Regional Loan Center is located in Denver, Oregon.

  1. Springs and cisterns are not acceptable sources of drinking water. Only in Erie County, along the Lake Erie coast, is a dug well considered appropriate. It is necessary to get mine subsidence insurance in both present mining locations as well as areas with a history of subsidence concerns from earlier mining.

A regional loan center in Puerto Rico that is based in St. Petersburg If any component of the property (including the carport, terraces, and other structures) is (or will be) made of wood that has not been pressure treated in accordance with American Wood Preservers Institute (A.W.P.I.) standards, information on wood-destroying insects is necessary. Renewable Energy Systems – The requirement for a backup system for solar water heaters is no longer necessary to fulfill VA Minimum Property Requirements for the purpose of VA financing.

  • The Rhode Island-Cleveland Regional Loan Center is located in Cleveland.
  • PAUL Regional Loan Center is located in St.
  • The Tennessee-Atlanta Regional Loan Center is located in Tennessee.
  • Every property in the Houston RLC jurisdiction that has an individual sewage disposal system and that has a Loan Identification Number or a VA Case Number that contains the numbers “62-62-6” requires proof from the local health authority that the system is appropriate.
  • For all properties in the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana, information on wood-destroying insects must be provided by the owner.
  • All Utah properties are obliged to have wood-destroying insect information on file.
See also:  What City Has The Most Septic Tank Installations? (Correct answer)

Under Title 19, Vermont Statutes, Chapter 27 (Second Amendment), Sections 2701 and 2702, when more than one person enjoys a common benefit from a private road in the absence of an express agreement or requirement governing maintenance of a private road, each person shall contribute rateably to the cost of maintaining the private road and shall have the right to bring a civil action to enforce the requirement of this section.

As a result, in Vermont, the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VAT) is not required to secure private agreements for the maintenance of private roads since, as previously stated, each individual who benefits from private roads is required to contribute rateably to the upkeep of the road.

The counties of Bennington and Windham in southern Vermont are the only ones that require reporting on wood-destroying insects. The Virginia-Roanoke Regional Loan Center is located in Roanoke, Virginia. The Washington-Denver Regional Loan Center is located in Denver, Colorado.

  1. Manufacturers’ and mobile home titles must be removed from the title in order for prefabricated houses to be deemed real property in the state
  2. Washington State Department of Labor and Industries requires that any additions, changes or attachments to a prefabricated house, as well as roof replacements, be inspected and authorized. Despite the fact that wood-destroying insect information is not normally needed, when an inspection is required by the State, it is required to identify rot and factors that promote the growth of rot. As a result, either the Washington State Pest Association form or an appropriate attachment to the National Pest Management Association – 33 form must be utilized.

West Virginia-Roanoke Regional Loan Center is located in Roanoke, Virginia. The WISCONSIN-St. Paul Regional Loan Center is located in St. Paul, Wisconsin. Detailed information on wood-destroying insects is necessary in the following counties:

  • Columbia
  • sCrawford
  • sDane
  • sDodge
  • sGrant
  • sGreen
  • sIowa
  • sJefferson
  • sKenosha
  • sLafayette
  • sMilwaukee
  • sOzaukee
  • sRacine
  • sRichland
  • sRock
  • sSauk
  • sVernon
  • sWalworth
  • sWashington
  • sWaukesha

The Wyoming-Denver Regional Loan Center is located in Denver, Colorado. There are no local requirements.

Septic Services

Speak with a Septic Professional Right Now!

Portland / Vancouver Metro – The Dalles – Hermiston ORTri Cities WA

Speedy Septic is pleased to offer a comprehensive range of septic services to residents and businesses in Oregon and Washington. Our team of septic professionals has years of expertise and is licensed, bonded, and insured. As a bonus, we are the number one Certified Septic Inspection service in the whole state of Oregon! Speedy Septic provides a wide range of services, including anything from installs and repairs to septic pumping and inspections. We’re continually striving to raise the bar and establish a better standard.

Ready to talk to a septic system expert?

Please complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Ready to talk to a septic expert?

Please fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible. *During normal business hours, Monday through Friday. Calls received after hours will be returned the next working day. Reset

Learn About Your Tank!

To understand more about a component’s function, simply click on it.

Input Baffle

Where the sewage from the residence enters

Output Baffle

Wastewater is channeled to a drainfield.

Sludge Layer

Another term for this layer is the solids layer, which includes all of the solid material that is not meant to be allowed to exit the tank or enter any other parts of the system. Essentially, this is the content that must be churned out on a consistent basis.

Inspection Pipe

When pumping two-compartment septic tanks, it is important to pump both sides in order to allow for a thorough visual check of the tank and baffles on both sides.


The scum layer is composed of grease, fat, and other non-water soluble elements that are flushed down the toilet and down the drain.


It is also known as the effluent layer because it includes cleaned water that has cleared the septic tank and may safely go to the next phase in the septic system. The wastewater layer is located underneath the effluent layer.

First Compartment

This is the location where sewage is treated. Only the clear effluent or wastewater layer should be removed from the first compartment and transferred to the second compartment.

Second Compartment

Located in this compartment is the effluent filter, which helps to guarantee that no sediments are allowed to exit the tank and into the dosing tank. As soon as clean effluent or wastewater is introduced into this compartment, it will be discharged into the next component of the system.

Air Space

Tanks are built with enough space at the top to accommodate a blockage or the entry of a big volume of effluent water. It keeps backed-up water from backing up out of the tank lids or into the house.

Frequently Asked Questions

Take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions we receive about septic pumping, septic maintenance, septic inspection, and other related topics.

We Strive for Excellence

At Speedy Septic, we monitor our performance to guarantee that we are continually providing our high-quality, polite, efficient, and dependable septic service.

The following three basic beliefs serve as the foundation for all we do:

  • When your toilet won’t flush or your drains won’t drain, every minute counts when you have a problem. Speedy Septic has the biggest fleet of vehicles in Oregon and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Integrity: Some businesses withhold costs until it is too late to do something about them. When you engage with Speedy Septic, we will never execute any additional work unless you have seen and approved the estimate in writing. We also only charge for what we pump, and many of our vehicles are equipped with sophisticated measurement technology that allows us to calculate the exact gallon extraction. Quality: Our experts get ongoing training, allowing them to become skilled troubleshooters with the knowledge and experience you can rely on. They are frequently relied upon to resolve issues that other firms were unable to resolve. By contacting Speedy Septic first, you may save time, money, and aggravation.

Have Questions about Septic Service?

No, while pumping a septic system every 3 to 5 years can be expensive, it is substantially less expensive than the expense of repairing your septic system in the long run. The expense of repairing a septic system may easily run into the thousands of dollars, which you can avoid by having your septic system drained once every three to five years.

Are Septic Systems Bad for the Environment?

In most cases, no, unless they aren’t adequately cared for. If untreated sewage is allowed to float around on your land, it has the potential to pollute both your property and groundwater sources. Sewage problems can also pose a threat to one’s physical health.

Does a Septic System Require Electricity?

No, most septic tanks do not require power to operate, however the sort of septic system you have will determine whether or not this is the case. If you have a pump for your septic system, you’ll want to preserve water if there is a power failure.

What are the Signs My Septic Tank is Full?

Checking the solids levels in a septic tank is the most reliable approach to determine when to pump it. A sludge test is carried out in order to assess whether or not pumping is required. It is only recommended that a sludge test be carried out by a competent septic specialist in order to determine whether the solid level is high enough to warrant pumping.

Does Rid-X or Yeast Work on Septic Tanks?

Rid-X and yeast are not recommended for use in septic tanks because they can hurt or kill the “good bacteria” that aids in the breakdown and clarification of the build-up in a septic tank’s waste. People should “avoid septic tank additives,” according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and “annual pumping is the only genuine way to ensure that septic systems perform effectively and offer many years of service,” the agency adds.

Will I be Reported if I Have a Failing Septic System?

No, septic service businesses are not responsible for regulating septic systems. The only thing that we have to report in Oregon is untreated sewage that is pouring above ground into a stream. Our objective is to assist you, your family, your house, and your septic system in order to guarantee that they all operate together in the most efficient manner possible. It is in everyone’s best interests to assist you in repairing your septic system before it reaches this point of crisis.

Our Cleaner Approach for Septic Cleaning

Many septic cleaning firms use the property owner’s hose to give water for the septic pumping, which means that the same hands that touch the sewage tank will also touch your property throughout the cleaning. We at Speedy Septic use our own hoses and septic pumping equipment to complete our jobs. In addition, we have a pressure washer on our vehicle, which allows us to properly clean your tank once it has been pumped. Afterwards, each hose is cleansed and sealed before being wrapped back up, ensuring that no residual sewage leaks onto your property.

We Are Constantly Working Towards Setting a Higher Standard

Located in Oregon and Washington, Speedy Septic is your one-stop shop for all of your septic needs.

In all, our specialists have more than 40 years of combined septic system installation and repair expertise! Our objective is to be a one-stop shop for all of your septic system needs. Contact Speedy Septic immediately if you need septic services that are swift and dependable.


Edgewater NW started off as a consultancy company that specialized in the design of onsite sewage treatment (septic) systems. “Solutions for Difficult Sites” was our company’s initial motto. We have constructed a large number of septic systems for properties that had previously been rejected as being unworkable locations. The two Registered Sanitarians (the new title is Registered Environmental Health Specialist) on our team are well-versed in both technical and regulatory knowledge, which allows them to successfully navigate your property’s difficult conditions.

  • The septic system is one of the most significant checks to do.
  • We are Septic Smart inspectors for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
  • MAINTENANCE OF THE SEPTIC SYSTEM (O M) Additionally, we offer septic system monitoring and maintenance services in addition to design and consulting services.
  • We collect influent and effluent samples for laboratory examination, and we interpret the results for the system owner so that they can understand how the system operates and how to maintain it.
  • For additional information, please visit the EPA’s SEPTIC SMART website by clicking here.
  • We are an Authorized Dealer and Service Provider for Advantex AX systems, as well as a manufacturer’s representative.
  • Taking Care of Advantex’s Operations and Maintenance – Orenco Systems is a manufacturer of computer hardware and software.

The Annual Meetings of the Washington Onsite Sewage Association Onsite Wastewater Treatment Short Course in the Pacific Northwest – University of Washington Southwest Onsite ConferenceOnsite Wastewater Treatment Conference – American Society of Agricultural Engineers Southwest Onsite ConferenceOnsite Wastewater Treatment Conference Edgewater NW is a general contracting company that is registered with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board under the CCB129137 license number.

We also offer troubleshooting and problem-solving services to our clients.

We have a member of the team who is a qualified limited electrical contractor, so you can be certain that all installations and repairs will meet all applicable codes.

Our training consists of the following components: Delineation of Wetland Areas by Jurisdiction -Berkeley, California: University of California Hydric Soils – Corvallis, Oregon: Oregon State University University of California, Santa Barbara Botany Department Forest Science, Forest Hydrology, and Soil Physics Humboldt State University, Arcata, Calif.

Botany University of California, Santa Barbara Certificate of Completion of a Permaculture Design Course – Eugene, OR

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *