Where To Call About Septic Tank Permit In Greeneville Tn?

You must apply online at tdec.tn.gov/septic. Any questions or assistance, please contact the Washington County Office of TDEC at 854-5400, or you may apply at their office at 2305 Silverdale Drive, Johnson City, TN.

How do I apply for a septic permit in Tennessee?

  • We have been notified by the State of Tennessee effective immediately that our department can no longer accept applications and payment for septic permits, subdivision evaluations, water samples, inspection letters, or any other type of services offered thru the Water Resources Services Department. You must apply online at tdec.tn.gov/septic .

Which agency approves septic tank installations in Tennessee?

Which agency approves septic tank installations? The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation must give its approval before construction of something on a residential property can begin.

How do I find my septic records in Tennessee?

Records are available at tdec.tn.gov/filenetsearch.

How long is a septic permit good for in Tennessee?

In addition, to obtain the license, the contractor must achieve a pass mark of at least 70% on a written or oral test issued by the Department. Once a permit is granted, it is only valid until the 31 December of the year it was issued.

How do I get a septic license in Tennessee?

Applicants must score seventy (70) percent correct or above to be granted a permit. Applicants must satisfactorily install a conventional/alternative subsurface sewage disposal system under the supervision of a person designated by the Department. Permits expire on December 31 each year and must be renewed.

Can I install my own septic system in Tennessee?

(1) No property owner or installer of a subsurface sewage disposal system shall construct, alter, extend, or repair subsurface sewage disposal systems within the State of Tennessee unless he holds a valid construction permit issued by the Commissioner.

Are plastic septic tanks legal in Tennessee?

Tennessee Septic Tanks Save up to 50% on plastic septic tanks. These septic tanks are state approved for use in the state of Tennessee.

Do septic tanks have to be registered?

A septic tank discharges water into the ground, and the quantity of such is important so as to avoid damage to the environment. If your septic tank discharges two cubic metres or less above ground, then you don’t need to register it. If it releases five cubic metres, or less, below ground level then it is also exempt.

How much does a perk test cost in TN?

Perc testing typically costs $750 to $1,850 or $1,300 on average. On the high end, you might pay as much as $3,000 depending on local regulation and the size of the leach field or infiltration basin needed.

Are septic tank locations public record?

Contact your local health department for public records. These permits should come with a diagram of the location where the septic system is buried. Depending on the age of your septic system, you may be able to find information regarding the location of your septic system by making a public records request.

What is a septic disclosure?

Wells and Septic Systems Well disclosure, specifically, means that the seller informs the buyer about the condition, location, and status of any and all wells on a property. Septic systems are responsible for treating and disposing of sewage when a home is not serviced by a public septic system.

Who performs a perc test in TN?

(7) Only percolation rates generated as the result of the complete four (4) hour measurement period will be considered valid for plat approval or permit issuance. (8) Tests shall be conducted by an engineer or surveyor licensed in the State of Tennessee.

Who regulates septic systems in Tennessee?

The Jackson Madison County Health Department, Environmental Health Section, regulates the permitting of new conventional sewage disposal systems and the repair of systems that have failed or are not functioning properly.

Where can I get a diagram of my septic system?

The contractor who designed and installed the septic tank on your property should have filed an as-built diagram at the local health authority. If you have the contact information of the contractor, you can request them for the diagram and then you can use it to locate your septic tank.

Should seller pump septic tank?

Typically, septic systems only have to be pumped every 3-5 years. Despite this, however, county law mandates the system to be cleared out before the sale of a home. Thus, it’s in the best interest of the seller to wait until there’s a prospective buyer to begin the process.


With immediate effect, we have been informed by the State of Tennessee that our department will no longer be able to accept applications or payments for septic permits or subdivision evaluations; water samples; inspection letters; or any other type of service provided by the Tennessee Department of Water Resources Services. You must submit your application online attdec.tn.gov/septic. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the Washington County Office of the Tennessee Department of Economic Development at 854-5400, or you may apply in person at their office at 2305 Silverdale Drive, Johnson City, TN.

As part of its regulatory oversight of underground sewage disposal systems, the department also conducts bacteriological water tests on private water sources upon request to assess the overall amount of coliform bacteria and the amount of fecal coliform bacteria present.

The Environmental Protection Agency is exerting all of its resources to collaborate with the public in detecting problems and taking remedial action where necessary in order to enhance the biological quality of waste water.

To Obtain a Septic Layout for a Septic System You Will Need To:

Fill out an online application with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation Office at tdec.tn.gov/septic to have a layout done for your septic system. You’ll need the following information to get started:

  1. The landowner’s name, address, and phone number are required. There must be a lot or tract designation with the lot number, the tract number, or the 911 address plainly visible
  2. Set up a perimeter around the house and the property
  3. The corners of the lot or tract, as well as the property boundaries, must be visible. Thick underbrush must be removed from the property. It is necessary to remove the home site and surrounding area of dense underbrush while working on big tracks (5 acres or more).

The Tennessee Department of Environmental Conservation (tdec.tn.gov/filenetsearch) offers copies of existing septic design for a fee. When installing a fence, you’ll need the name of the original landowner who was present at the time of the installation, or the name of the subdivision and lot number if one exists.

Tennessee Department of EnvironmentConservation (TDEC)

Zak PorterEnvironmental Specialist (423) 371-7003 Zak Porter Environmental Specialist Call Eric Ball, Environmental Specialist, at (423) 794-8316 for more information.

Plat Approval/Subdivision Evaluation

Call Eric Ball, Environmental Specialist, at (423) 794-8316 for more information.

Office Information

Located at 2305 Silver Dale Drive in Johnson City, Tennessee 37601. Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. (423) 854-5400 is the telephone number.

Septic System Construction Permit

If an individual or a property owner want to have a subsurface sewage disposal (septic) system constructed on their land or if they need to repair an existing malfunctioning system, they must get a Septic System Construction Permit from the City of San Diego. Septic System Assistance Division County Map (Division Septic System Assistance County Map)

What Information Must I Provide?

Applicant’s information can be submitted using the web portal*, and it includes the following:

  • Identify the landowner’s name and address, as well as the location or site’s size and number of occupants (including number of bedrooms), water consumption amounts, whether there is an excavated basement, whether there are basement plumbing fixtures, whether the house and lot have been staked, and the name of the installer (if any). Drawing showing the property boundaries, home site position, well location, spring location, planned roadway and utilities, and driving instructions to the site are included in this document. For large conventional or alternative systems, soil maps are created by a soil scientist (if necessary), and system design is completed by a licensed engineer.

*Please keep in mind that the Division suggests that you apply online in order to expedite the application processing. Paper applications, on the other hand, will continue to be accepted at the relevant Environmental Field Office. (CN-0971, Form CN-0971)

Helpful Lists:

  • The Division of Water Resources is a division of the Department of Water Resources. CONSULTANTS APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
  • INACTIVE INSTALLERS- This list, grouped by county, covers those persons who have valid permits to construct, install, modify, or repair a septic system. It should be noted that installation permits are valid across the state, not only in the counties indicated. A separate permission may be required in contract counties such as Blount and Davidson counties as well as Hamilton and Jefferson counties as well as Knox and Madison counties as well as Shelby and Williamson counties. Individuals possessing valid licenses to remove (pump) household septage from septic tanks, holding tanks, portable toilets, or other similar sewage treatment or disposal facilities are listed on this page as “Active Pumpers.”

How Will My Application Be Processed?

Applicants should submit their completed application forms, along with the required application costs, to the Division of Water Resources at the relevant Environmental Field Office. The application is subjected to a thorough examination, and the applicant is notified when the examination is completed. The review procedure typically takes ten days, and it must be completed within 45 days of the day the application was submitted, unless an extension has been granted.

What Fees Are Required?

New Conventional or Large Diameter Gravelless Pipe SSDS Permit $400 up to 1000 gallons per day design flow$100 for each additional 1000 gpd flow
New Conventional or Large Diameter Gravelless Pipe SSDS Construction Inspection $100
New Alternative SSDS Permit $500 up to 1000 gallons per day design flow$150 for each additional 1000 gpd flow
Alternative SSDS Construction Inspection $200
Experimental SSDS Permit $500
Repair Permit No permit fee
Repair Construction Inspection $100

What Are My Rights and Responsibilities After the Permit is Approved?

The applicant has the authority to carry out the activities that were granted in the permission application. They are responsible for notifying the Department of any changes to the information in the application. The applicant is responsible for complying with any state legislation and regulations that may be applicable. A system’s installation must be reported to the Division by the applicant or installer of the SSDS so that it may be examined and certified as compliant. Applicants who have had their permits rejected, suspended, or cancelled have the opportunity to file an appeal with the appropriate authority.

What Are the Division’s Rights and Responsibilities After the Permit is Approved?

During each SSDS installation, the Division inspects the system to confirm that it was installed in line with the permit conditions and regulatory requirements. In the event that an applicant fails to comply with state legislation or departmental rules, the Division has the authority to revoke, suspend, or refuse the issue of a permit. Any individual who violates or fails to comply with state legislation, rules, or regulations may be susceptible to civil fines as a result of their actions.

Whom Do I Contact For Applications, Assistance and Other Information?

Applicants can acquire applications and information from the Environmental Field Office that is most convenient for them.

Applicants may refer to the following publications for further information:

  • TDEC Rule 0400-48-01: Regulations to Govern Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
  • TCA Section 68-221-401.414: Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
  • TDEC Rule 0400-48-01: Regulations to Govern Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems

Environmental Health

Environmental Health is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Contact Information: Sevier County Environmental Health Department 227 Cedar Street, Sevierville, Tennessee 37862 Phone: 865.429.1766 Fax: 865.429.1965 [email protected] On the 26th, 27th, and 28th of January, the Environmental Health office will be closed from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Due to continuing attempts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are urging the public to refrain from entering the Public Works Building until the situation has been resolved.

​Instructions: We recommend that you phone the office before to submitting an application in order to check that you are applying for the appropriate service.

See also:  What Is Pipe Sticking Out Of Septic Tank? (Question)

Please complete all required fields, then print and sign the completed application when it has been completed.

Applicants will be required to send their applications by U.S.

​Fees: A septic permit will cost $300 and a repair permit will cost $75. An inspection letter will cost 100 dollars and a water sample will cost 100 dollars. A subdivision evaluation will cost $75 per lot plus $75 per existing house. Services that are provided include:

  • Click here to access the Septic Permit Application
  • Click here to access the Inspection Letter Application (for existing residences with septic systems)
  • And click here to get the Septic Inspection Letter Application. To get the Water Test Application, please click here. To access the Septic System Repair Application, please click here. Evaluations of subdivisions (whether for new projects or for revisions to existing developments)
  • The Fee Schedule may be found by clicking here. For a list of installers in Sevier County, please visit this page. Here is a list of Pumpers in Sevier County
  • Click here for more information. For a list of soil scientists in Sevier County, please visit this page. Payment is only taken in the form of cash or cheque
  • No other forms of payment are accepted. Please wait 24-48 hours for processing after submitting the Information Request Form (click here). The Site Evaluation Application may be found by clicking here.

Who Is Necessary to Have an Application? Anyone who intends to land dispose of domestic septage from septic tanks or other sewage treatment or disposal facilities must first get a domestic septage disposal site permission from the local government. What kind of information do I have to provide? The following information must be submitted by applicants: Form for a Domestic Septage Disposal Site Permit from the Division of Environmental Health. The following information is contained within the application: The name of the property owner, his or her address and telephone number, the applicant’s name, the address of the property, the number of bedrooms, the square footage of the residence, and the availability of water.

  • A survey plan bearing the seal and signature of a licensed surveyor.
  • Applicants should submit their completed application forms together with their application fee to the Sevier County Environmental Health Department office.
  • An application for a permit is either approved or refused within 20 working days after the date of submission.
  • Permits are not renewable, and the application procedure must be started from the beginning each time.
  • What Are My Rights and Responsibilities Once the Permit Is Issued?
  • The applicant has the authority to carry out the activities that were granted in the permission application.
  • The applicant is responsible for complying with any state and county legislation and regulations that may be applicable.
  • The Division’s Rights and Responsibilities Following the Approval of a Permit What are the Division’s rights and responsibilities following the approval of a permit?
  • In the event that an application breaches state/county legislation or departmental rules, the Division has the authority to revoke, suspend, or reject the issue of a permit to such applicant.
  • Staff: Gary Loveday is the Director of Environmental Health at the University of California, Berkeley.

Brenda Rhea is an Administrative Assistant/Environmental Technician that works in the government sector. Carla Lindsey works at the office. Christy Denney is in charge of the office. Daniel Ferguson is a specialist on environmental issues. ​

Permits, Licenses and Reports

If you pick an accelerated alternative, please tell the office with your selection of options as soon as possible. Fee for application: $150

  • Step 1: Read and completely complete the Onsite Wastewater System Applicationand send it to your local Environmental Affairs Office. Step 2: An original plat or deed of the land will also be required to be submitted. If you do not have a copy of the plat or deed, you may learn more about how to get one by clicking here. The office will contact you as soon as your application has been received to confirm receipt of your application and to discuss electronic payment alternatives with you. We do not take cash as a form of payment. Please see this sample application, Onsite Wastewater System Application, for a reference guide on how to complete the application. Step 2: Your application will be examined to ensure that all required material has been submitted and is in order. If everything is in order, your application fee will be accepted
  • Otherwise, it will be rejected. Step 3:If a site visit is necessary, the inspector will assess the appropriateness of the property for the installation of a septic system. If the inspector finds that your site is suitable for a typical septic system, he or she will give you with a Permit to Construct document. The inspector will discuss possible solutions with you if the permit is not approved by the inspection team. A request for test pits may be made by the Department in circumstances where the evaluator meets a barrier during the first site evaluation or in cases where it is recognized that an area would require test pits owing to the soil characteristics of the region. The midlands and upstate parts of the state are the most typical locations where soil characteristics necessitate the use of test pits. It is important to note that test pits may not be an option in coastal and sandy locations around the state. Consult with your local office staff for more detailed information on your individual situation. As soon as you have received your Permit to Construct, you should call a professional onsite wastewater system contractor to complete the installation of your septic tank. In Step 5, the installer must call DHEC in order to schedule a time for the septic system to be inspected before it is covered, before completing the septic system installation. After waiting 30 minutes over the scheduled time for a DHEC inspector, a licensed installer has the option to conduct a self-inspection of the installation to ensure that everything is in working order. The installation is required to provide documentation to the Department on the DHEC-approved formD-3978, Contractor Approval to Operate

Expires and modifications to permits: Permits to Construct are valid for five years. If you want to renew your permission after five years, or if you want to make modifications to it after it has been authorized, you must submit a new application and pay the price once again. These regulations authorize the charge and permission in the following ways:

  • Regulation 61-56, Onsite Wastewater Systems
  • Regulation 61-55, Septic Tank Site Evaluation Fees
  • And Regulation 61-56, Onsite Wastewater Systems

Because improperly designed septic systems can degrade water quality and cause illness, South Carolina law mandates that all septic systems have site approvals and permits before they can be installed. If you want to construct a home or relocate a prefabricated home on land that is not served by a public or municipal sewer system, you must first seek clearance from the Department of Health and Human Services and a permit to install a septic system. You will be unable to obtain a building permit until you obtain this permit from your local government.

  1. Depending on how saturated the soil is, we may not be able to conduct a thorough examination.
  2. This is analogous to farmers being forced to postpone the planting or harvesting of their crops.
  3. To submit an application for a septic system, you must first download and complete anonsite wastewater application, which you must then submit to your local Environmental Affairs Office.
  4. If you have any questions, please contact the Environmental Affairs Office in your area for assistance.

Application Form

Complete the application for a License to Construct or Clean Onsite Wastewater Systems and Self-Contained Toilets by downloading and completing the form. Please contact your local Department of Health and Human Services Environmental Affairs office to make preparations for testing if you are interested in becoming a septic system installation.

License Fees

The following costs are required for onsite wastewater system installations, pumpers/haulers, and pumpers/haulers are required for yearly renewal:

  • Licensing fees for construction are $100, cleaning fees are $100, and a combined construction and cleaning fee is $150
  • A Master Contractor license is $200.

You must pay these costs on an annual basis in order to keep your license active.

An additional late fee will be levied if we do not receive payment by the due date on your invoice. Unless you pay your renewal costs and late fees within 90 days of the due date for your license to operate on septic systems or truck sewage, your license to do so will automatically expire.

Installer and Master Contractor Exams

In order to be approved to construct work with septic systems and/or wastewater disposal, as well as for a Master Contractor license, you must first pass an exam that assesses your knowledge of Regulation 61-56, which is available online. To pass, you must have an 80 percent or higher score. If you do not pass this test on the first try, you can repeat it within 30 days of failing. If you fail the test a second time, you can repeat it after 60 days if you have not passed the first time. You will not be required to repeat the exam once you have been granted a license, provided that you continue to pay the yearly license renewal costs and submit all required paperwork.

Other License Requirements

  • Inspection of Vehicles: The Department of Health and Human Services has the authority to examine any vehicles used to pump and convey sewage. You must keep your vehicle inventory list up to current and on file with the Department of Health and Human Services
  • List of Disposal Facilities Is Required : This includes a list of sewage disposal facilities that you intend to use, together with documented approval from the facilities themselves. It is necessary to keep a record of your activities: You must keep a log (record) of each pumping and disposal load that is transported by each truck. You must make this record of actions accessible to the Department of Health and Human Services upon request.

The following regulations permit the issuance of septic system contractor licenses:

  • Regulation 61-56, Onsite Wastewater Systems
  • Regulation 61-56.1, Permit to Construct or Clean Onsite Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems and Self-Contained Toilets
  • And Regulation 61-56, Onsite Wastewater Systems Licensing of Onsite Wastewater Systems Master Contractors (Regulation 61-56.2)


Septic Tank Alerts Septic Tank Alerts

Where’s my septic tank?

There are a few solutions available if the previous homeowner failed to supply this critical information or if you have misplaced your original copy:

  • Your local DHEC office may have a copy of your building permit on file if your house was built within the last five years or fewer, according to the DHEC. A copy of a septic tank permit can be obtained from the local office by any individual or group, regardless of whether or not they own the land in question. Because of this, it is highly recommended that you have as much of the following information as possible ready at the time of your request.
  • Number of the tax map
  • Lot number
  • Block number
  • Address in the physical world
  • When the system was installed or when the house was built (if this information is available)
  • Name of the original permit holder (if any information is available)
  • Name of the subdivision (if the property is located within a subdivision)
  • You may also submit a request for a copy of the permission through our Freedom of Information office, although this is not mandatory. To obtain a copy through the Freedom of Information Office, please complete and submit a copy of the DHEC FOI form. Instructions are given with the application. If feasible, please include the information about the property that is stated above. When looking around your yard, search for manhole covers or lids that have been buried by grass or leaves if your house was constructed before 1990.


Septic Tank Alerts Septic Tank Alerts

septic tank permit records tn

PERMIT LOOKUP – PERMIT LOOKUP – Access to our scanned data, which includes: septic systems that have been approved and built between 2008 and the present day. 0400-48-01-. Disposal Systems for Construction Permits (No. 06) 0400-48-01-. Design of the Conventional Waste Disposal System 0400-48-01-. 0400-48-01- is the field number for the Septic Tank Pumping Contractor. Fees for Services 0400-48-01- 0400-48-01- The capacity of the septic tank in the eighth grade is 0400-48-01-. Domestic Waste Disposal (number 22) Call the Environmental Department at 731-423-3020 and follow the directions to reach the Environmental Department if you have any questions or need to speak with someone from the department.

  1. The date has been set.
  2. When applying for a construction permit, the applicant will be required to provide a floor plan with square footage, a total BTU count, and a schematic of the intended gas pipe installation, among other things.
  3. It is the responsibility of the Building and Codes Department to guarantee that all applicable building codes, as enacted by the County’s Governing Body, are followed.
  4. Please enter your Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) with dashes OR your address in the appropriate fields.
  5. Plans for residential and commercial septic systems are reviewed and analyzed, and site assessments are performed as part of the program’s site evaluations.
  6. We have 64 homeowner reviews of top Greeneville septic tank and well service companies to choose from.
  7. Please have your engineer complete the NCEHS Common Form and deliver it to the Environmental Health office in order to begin the application process for this permit.
  8. These regulations authorize the charge and permission in the following ways: Onsite wastewater systems are governed by Regulation 61-56, while septic tank site evaluation fees are governed by Regulation 61-55.
  9. Use the 2015 INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE SOFT COVER to get the most up-to-date mechanical codes that address the design and installation of the most up-to-date mechanical systems.
  10. Local Septic Service 937-453-2656; SCS Engineers 513-421-5353; Property Maintenance InspectorEmail:, 355 N.
See also:  How Many Units Will A 1000 Gal Septic Tank Accommodate? (Best solution)

Applications for Electrical Services and Permits: Electrical Services and Permit Applications: Phone: 423-952-5000; Septic Verification, Permits, and Layonts: Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation Phone: 423-854-5400; Driveway Permits: Washington County Highway Department Phone: 423-753-1714; Septic Verification, Permits, and Layonts: Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation Phone: 423-854-5400 Pay for the Septic Permit and receive it in the mail.

  1. Information about septic systems, including applications and fees, as well as onsite sewage.
  2. Subsurface sewage disposal systems are governed by laws and regulations established by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Groundwater Protection, which are followed by the Blount County Department of Environmental Health.
  3. Make copies of the application, the Site Layout, the test results, the reports, and the drawings to save for your own reference.
  4. In 1994, the Hamilton County Public Health Department established an operating permit scheme for septic systems (home sewage treatment systems).
  5. All other enquiries requesting a copy of a Septic Tank Permit or a Septic Tank Installation Certificate of Completion will be required to obtain the information online atSERVICESBuilding Inspection AppDocument Retrieval and follow the procedures to the best of their abilities.
  6. You must submit your application online at tdec.tn.gov/septic.
  7. Gallatin, Tennessee (37066) Payment must be done using a credit card or a.

FORM FOR APPLICATION FOR PERMIT Fees Description / Services that you will be authorized to give include the following: Conventional Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems Installer’s Permit (CN-0763): $200: This permit is for the installation, alteration, extension, and repair of conventional septic systems (conventional and conventional substitute products).

  1. The answer is that a building permit is necessary for any construction work on a structure, including new construction, alterations, additions, and repairs.
  2. More information may be found in our Resources section.
  3. Visit the Clarksville-Montgomery County, Septic Tank Permits office at 350 Pageant Lane Suite 101B in Clarksville, TN, to learn more about the services they provide.
  4. Private people and contractors are awarded sewer permits in order to connect to an existing home connection sewer or to assist the building of a house connection sewer.
  5. Use the new, simple-to-use TURBO TABS to make your 2018 INTERNATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE Soft Cover book your very own.
  6. To get a septic tank permit, contact McMulllins Pump Service, Old Faithful Septic Pump Service, on-site construction, or Coomers Construction.
  7. The Septic App Fillable should be submitted to your county Environmental Health Office, together with your zoning clearance and a site layout.

Johnson City, TN 37601, United States Dimensions of the septic tank: Guidelines for Computing Septic Tank Capacity vs Usage in a Detailed Manner Capacity of a Septic Tank Testing, diagnosis, pumping, repair design, faults, alternatives, and inspection procedures for septic systems are all covered.

Scheduling for septic system maintenance and pumping is also provided.

Certified International Radiance Cream Melamine,Vitesse vs Fortuna Sittard,Union Beach Senior Center,Greenville Schools Backpack,Superior Pump Model 91359, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union Beach Senior Center, Union

Health Department

Department of Health and Human Services Jonas Tankersley is a musician from the United Kingdom. 2021-03-23T16:11:27+00:00 The Cocke County Health Department is one of the 89 rural health agencies under the Tennessee Department of Health. The Tennessee Department of Health has the following mission: “To preserve, promote, and improve the health and prosperity of the people of the state of Tennessee.” This purpose is accomplished via a range of services provided by the Cocke County Health Department, both in the community and in a clinic environment.

Unless otherwise specified, all Clinic services are by appointment only.

Despite the fact that most service prices are determined by income and family size, no one will be refused services because they are unable to pay.

For our services, we provide a sliding cost structure that is dependent on your financial level.

Adult Health Services

Immunizations for Adults In the Preventive Health Clinic, public health nurses administer vaccines to persons who have not had them previously. Adults are advised to get vaccinations against diseases such as the flu, pneumonia, Hepatitis A and B, tetanus-diphtheria, among others. Please call us at 423-623-8733 if you require any information. Investigation into Communicable Diseases Identification, prevention, and control of infectious and environmentally-related diseases of public health relevance are entrusted to public health representatives.

Physical and chemical components from the environment combine with other variables such as lifestyle, diet, and heredity to cause environmental-related diseases in a large number of people.

It is dependent on reporting and the help of employees from our local health department, physicians, infection control practitioners, and laboratory staff, in order to conduct surveillance.

There are three main areas of concentration for the Communicable Disease Program: services for sexually transmitted diseases, tuberculosis (TB) services, and HIV/AIDS services.

The Cocke County Health Department is in charge of ensuring that these criteria are met in Cocke County and the surrounding areas.

Child Health Services

Screenings for the EPSDT Children’s health physicals are given on a sliding price schedule for those who do not have health insurance. TennCare participants who present documentation of TennCare coverage will be offered with EPSDT physicals (sometimes known as “well check-ups”). These physicals include a thorough family medical history, vision, hearing, and developmental tests, as well as screening for TB, high cholesterol, and lead exposure risk (if applicable). If any aberrant results are discovered during the physical, the client is directed to their Primary Care Provider for further evaluation.

  • Immunizations for Children Childhood vaccines are critical in safeguarding our children from a wide range of illnesses that affect youngsters.
  • Annually, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, vaccines save the lives of more than 3 million children, according to their estimates.
  • Family-centered, culturally sensitive, and community-based approaches are used to support the well-being of children in this program.
  • It does so by building partnerships that are flexible and innovative in order to address the individual needs of each child.

Care Coordination

CHANT (Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee) is an acronym that stands for Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee. What exactly is CHANT? Navigating the complicated system of health and social services may be difficult for many individuals and families, and depending on the individual’s requirements and medical diagnoses, care may include a variety of programs, providers, and staff, all of which can be overwhelming. Help Us Grow Successfully (HUGS), Children’s Special Services (CSS), and TennCare Kids Community Outreach are three public health programs that have been combined by the Tennessee Department of Health into one integrated model of care coordination known as the Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT) (CHANT).

  1. In addition, individuals who have physical impairments from birth to 21 years of age may be eligible for Children’s Special Treatments (CSS), which may offer compensation for medical services as well as aid with co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance for children with physical disabilities.
  2. People who fall into this category include pregnant and postpartum teens and women.
  3. Young people between the ages of birth and twenty-one who have special health care needs (CYSHCN) Family members who have been diagnosed with a qualifying chronic disability and have an income of less than 225 percent of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for assistance.
  4. Do you have a referral?
  5. CHANT accepts self-referrals as well as other referrals.
  6. Examination and evaluation in their entirety Each member of the family unit is subjected to a background check for the following reasons: There is a demand for social services.
  7. Developmental and health milestones for children Special health care requirements for children There is a medical risk Health-care coverage Medical and dental treatments are available.
  8. Developmental Screening and Referral Services Employment, family planning, health insurance, housing, and immunization are all options.
  9. Patients are proactively tracked as they move from clinical treatment to community-based services.
  10. TennCare Kids is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children in need.

Children, adolescents, and young adults benefit from these programs because they ensure that they receive the health care they require. What services does TennCare Kids offer?

  • Free medical and dental checks
  • Free medical and dental services
  • And free mental health therapies are all available to those who qualify.

What is the procedure for scheduling a TennCare Kids visit? To book an appointment, contact your doctor, TennCare health plan, or the local health department in your area. For more information on TennCare Kids, where can you go for additional information? TennCare Kids information is available through the Cocke County Health Department’s Community Outreach Worker, who is delighted to help you learn more about it. In order to obtain further information, please contact 423-623-8733. Specialized Services for Children The Tennessee Children’s Special Services program ensures that children ages 0 to 21 who have or are at risk of having special needs get appropriate, timely, comprehensive, and high-quality services.

For further information, please contact us at 423-623-8733.

Family Planning Services

Reproductive health, contraception or “birth control,” basic infertility services, reproductive life planning, attaining pregnancy, and sexually transmitted illnesses are all provided to both males and females through Family Planning services. The following services are provided by our Health Department’s family planning program:

  • IUC (Intrauterine Contraceptive)
  • Implants
  • Injectable: “The Shot”
  • Oral Contraceptive: “The Pill”
  • The Patch
  • Vaginal Ring
  • IUD (Intrauterine Contraceptive)
  • IUD (Intra Barrier methods include the use of a diaphragm, cervical cap, sponge, and a female condom. Male/female condoms
  • Spermicide
  • Natural family planning: cycle beads
  • Emergency contraception
  • Permanent sterilization: no-scalpel vasectomies
  • Tubal ligation
  • Permanent sterilization: tubal ligation

STI testing and treatment are also provided. Other services include physical examinations, cervical cancer screening, breast/testicular cancer screening, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, hypertension screening, anemia screening, pregnancy testing and contraceptive options. They also provide counseling and instruction on a variety of health-related issues, including reproductive health and other themes.

Women’s Health Services

Exams for Women’s Health A woman’s physical examination will involve the following procedures: a medical history, urine and vaginal infection tests, weight and blood pressure checks, pelvic and breast examinations, and a pap smear. Breast and cervical cancer screenings are recommended. The purpose of this program is to lower cancer-related mortality and disease rates by ensuring that women in Tennessee have access to breast and cervical cancer screenings, diagnostic testing, and follow-up if they are diagnosed.

The health department is regarded as a screening provider since it delivers clinical breast and pelvic exams, as well as Pap tests, to women who are eligible.

For further information, please call 423-623-8733. Breast and Cervical Screening (BCS) Program for Women is a program that provides women with breast and cervical screening. Women who qualify can get a free mammography via this program. Guidelines:

  • Patients must be at least 35 years old, uninsured, and living at or below 250 percent of the federal poverty level. Provides just mammograms
  • No further services are provided. If a patient is qualified, they will be contacted and scheduled for an appointment at a partner institution. Mammography guidelines are for a “baseline” mammogram and an annual screening mammogram to begin at the age of 40, respectively.
See also:  How To Clean A Septic Tank Full Of Solids? (Solution found)

In women aged 35 to 40 who have a family history of breast cancer or who have a personal history of breast cancer, a screening mammography should be performed.

WIC Special Supplemental Nutrition Program

WIC is an acronym that stands for Women, Infants, and Children Special Supplemental Nutrition Program. SNAP is a federally sponsored program that offers nutrition instruction, breastfeeding assistance and education, nutritious meals, and health referrals to low-income families. WIC services are offered at no cost to the client. Who Is Eligible for WIC Services? Who Is Eligible for WIC Services?

  • Women who are pregnant or who are postpartum and breastfeeding
  • Infants and children up to the age of five
  • And

What Do I Need to Do to Be Eligible? In order to qualify for WIC benefits, you must fulfill certain income requirements and reside in Tennessee. The WIC program is already financially qualified for families that qualify for Medicaid, food stamps, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), among other programs. Others may be eligible even if they do not get assistance. For example, a family of four earning no more than $865 per week (before taxes) may be eligible for WIC. Benefits: The WIC program provides participants with vouchers to spend at the grocery store on nutritious meals once they have been accepted into the program.

There is also an upgraded meal package available for nursing mothers, which contains more milk, dry beans or peanut butter, tuna, and other nutritious foods.

Environmental Health

Inspections of Swimming Pools Call 423-623-8733, extension 118, for more information. Food and other general information Every place where food and drinks are made and served is subject to inspection by the Cocke County Environmental Specialist. According to the sorts of foods supplied, each institution is inspected once or twice a year; however, inspections may be conducted more frequently if it is judged essential to guarantee compliance with the Hotel, Food Service Establishment, and Public Swimming Pool Act of 1985.

Inspections of child care facilities, as well as their food service operations, are carried out by the Department of Environmental Health.

The investigation of consumer complaints and reports of probable food borne disease outbreaks is completed as quickly and fully as possible in collaboration with county nurses, doctors, and epidemiology professionals.

On a monthly basis, our county health department provides free employee-level training to all of its employees. For more information about our training classes, please call 423-623-8733.

Emergency Preparedness

It is the goal of the Cocke County Health Department to collaborate with the East Tennessee Regional Office Emergency Preparedness Department to ensure public health preparedness and to build the capacity of the county to respond effectively to bioterrorism, other outbreaks of infectious disease, public health threats, and disasters. The East Tennessee Regional Office’s Emergency Preparedness Department’s mission is to prepare the Cocke County Health Department for a deliberate or inadvertent catastrophe that would necessitate the establishment of Mass Clinics in the community.

If the governor of Tennessee judges that there is a need for a Mass Clinic, the Cocke County Health Department is compelled to establish one.

In order for the clinics to run properly, they require a large number of volunteers (300 every clinic).

Dental Clinic

The Cocke County Dental Clinic, which is staffed by a dentist and a dental assistant, provides dental care for children up to the age of 19 and is located in Cocke County. Scheduled appointments are made for patients, who are charged according to a sliding price schedule. TennCare is a health insurance plan that is accepted. Call 423-623-8733 to schedule an appointment. We have dental clinic hours on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and we accept cash or checks.

Vital Records

Birth certificates are accessible for individuals who were born in the state of Tennessee. For all births that happened in any county in the state from January 1949 to the present, short forms are accessible for download. The brief form contains all of the important fundamental information. The current charge is $15.00, with an extra $15.00 fee for each additional copy ordered at the same time as the initial purchase. It is possible to obtain death records for those who died in Cocke County within the previous six years.

Death data for deaths that happened more than six years ago will have to be obtained from the Tennessee Department of Vital Records.

In addition, if a copy of your driver’s license is requested, you will need to provide proof of your identity.

Additional information can be obtained by calling 423-623-8733.

Health Education

Providing health education and intervention programs to assist individuals in adjusting their lifestyles to lower the chance of acquiring illnesses as well as to enhance their overall health status is the goal of the Health Promotion and Wellness area of the website. Programs, services, and instructional materials are made accessible to educators (from preschool to college), community leaders, and the general public upon request, and information is disseminated through the media. Cardiovascular disease prevention, hypertension control, and diabetes, cancer awareness, tobacco use prevention, injury prevention, highway safety, rape and violence prevention are some of the topics covered in this multi-program area.

The Cocke County Health Department is located at 430 College Street in Newport, Tennessee, and can be reached at (423) 623-8733.

to 4:30 p.m.

All state holidays are observed by us.

Questions about administration should be sent to Emma Davis, County Director, at [email protected] Please contact Jeannie Lane, Office Supervisor, at [email protected] for further information. Wendy Ford, Nursing Supervisor, can be reached at [email protected] for information on medical services.

Septic system records for most Tennessee counties to be available online

Septic system information in the vast majority of Tennessee counties will be considerably easier to get in the near future. Currently, the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation is in the midst of transferring all of its septic records to an online database. Subsurface sewage records are the subject of 50% of all public record requests received by the Tennessee Department of Environmental Conservation. While septic system documentation may not appear to be particularly important at first glance, environmental consultant Alan Schwendimann of the Texas Department of Environmental Conservation discovered that it is frequently required for property transactions as well as by homeowners seeking to maintain their septic system.

  • The Tennessee Department of Environmental Quality is in the process of posting the information statewide.
  • It is referred to as a “contract county” by TDEC staff, which means that the county government is in charge of handling septic information.
  • According to Schwendimann, the existing approach is “very paper-intensive” and inconvenient for many residents.
  • The adjustments are intended to benefit more than just people who are looking for information.
  • Workers will enter all information digitally into the system, which will be accessible online.
  • To reach staff writer Mark Pace, email him at [email protected] or call him at 423-757-6361.

Onsite Waste Water Protection — Jackson County Department of Public Health

Many inhabitants in Jackson County rely on wells as their major supply of water, with septic tanks serving as their primary waste water disposal system. Jackson County offers well and septic tank licenses and performs inspections to ensure the safety of its inhabitants and the protection of the surrounding environment. It is necessary to apply for and get a well permit and/or a septic system permit from the Jackson County Environmental Health Department prior to starting any construction work.

The permitting procedure will begin after Jackson County Environmental Health has received all of your application materials and the appropriate cost. An Environmental Health Specialist will help you throughout the process.

Are you a HOME OWNER and need more information?

Environmental Health maintains a list of engineers, consultants, and surveyors who have completed work in Jackson County during the course of their careers. Please keep in mind that the Jackson County Department of Public Health does not support any particular commercial enterprise. The dissemination of information about any private firm is only for the aim of informing the public. Contact Jackson County Environmental Health at 828-587-8250 or -8253 if you need the names and phone numbers of area engineers, consultants, and surveyors to assist you.

Are you an AGENT and need more information?

Environmental Health maintains a list of engineers, consultants, and surveyors who have completed work in Jackson County over a period of time. Please keep in mind that the Jackson County Department of Public Health does not support any particular private company or organization. Provision of information about any private firm is only for the aim of providing information to the public. If you require the names and telephone numbers of area engineers, consultants, or surveyors, please contact Jackson County Environmental Health at 828-587-8250 or -8253.

Are you an INSTALLER and need more information?

In the event that you are not linked to the local centralized sewer system, you may be asking how to deal with wastewater and waste management. The most typical remedy is the installation of a septic system. Although an on-site waste management facility is convenient and relatively straightforward in construction, it is subject to specific laws and restrictions established by state and municipal health agencies due to the potential health concerns. The installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of septic systems are all services that Septic Connection provides to South Carolina homeowners, but we are also prepared to assist residents by sharing expertise and providing information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Septic Connection to speak with a friendly representative right away.

Because illegally placed septic systems can have a negative impact on water quality and contaminate neighboring regions, South Carolina law mandates that prospective owners get site permissions and permits prior to commencing construction on their property.

Obtaining Authorization You will be required to read and completely complete the Onsite Wastewater System Application, which you will then submit to your local Environmental Affairs Office for consideration.

Once your application has been accepted, you will most likely be required to schedule an on-site visit during which the inspector will examine the appropriateness of the location.

A Permit of Construct will be issued to you once the inspector has approved the site for a septic system installation.

Prerequisites for obtaining a license Once you have obtained the Permit to Construct, you may begin the process of installing your system.

In reality, if you clean or repair septic systems, or if you truck and dispose of sewage from septic systems, you must be licensed in order to perform these services legally and safely.

You will lose your licenses if you do not comply with the requirements within 90 days of the due date.

Licenses are not transferrable under any circumstances.

It is the responsibility of the Department of Health and Environmental Control to examine any and all vehicles that are used to pump or convey sewage.

In addition, you must submit a list of the sewage disposal facilities that you intend to use, as well as written approval from each of those facilities.

The Department of Health and Environmental Controls may request a copy of this record of actions, which must be made available upon request.

In the Greenville region, there is no need to seek any farther if you are looking for a dependable and licensed septic business. Septic Connection takes great pride in being your go-to source for septic tank pumping, installs, replacements, repairs, and maintenance. Contact us now!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *